Coconut Almond Cake with Fresh Berries and Coconut Whipped Cream
Adapted from Bob's Red Mill
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk or unsweetened nut milk of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- Coconut Whipped Cream (recipe below)
- Fresh organic mixed berries
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Grease a 9-inch round cake pan and line the bottom with parchment.
- In stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs slowly, mixing until incorporated. Add milk and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry almond meal, coconut flour, and baking powder. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. The cake should be golden brown and starting to pull away from the sides.
- Let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes or so before carefully removing from pan. We love this cake both either at room temperature, or straight out of the refrigerator. Once completely cool top with coconut whipped cream (recipe below), fresh mixed berries, and serve!
Coconut Whipped Cream
- 1 15 oz. can full fat coconut milk (chilled in refrigerator for best results)
- 1 - 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla beans or vanilla extract
- Drain liquid from can of coconut milk and reserve for another use (smoothies!).
- Add solid coconut cream to stand mixer fit with a whisk attachment, and beat on high. Whip until fluffy and beginning to thicken up, 1-2 minutes.
- Add maple (starting with 1 tablespoon) and vanilla beans. Taste and adjust for sweetness.
- Continue beating on high until soft peaks form, then transfer Whipped Coconut Cream to fridge to stiffen up a bit before use, if desired.